My special guest today is Maureen O’Shaughnessy, an innovative educator who is passionate about reimagining the education system to empower and include all learners. With extensive experience in founding and leading international schools, she’s well-versed in developing inclusive environments that foster belonging and personal growth. Maureen’s dedication to youth empowerment extends beyond the classroom, as she’s worked on various projects to disrupt outdated education models and create transformative learning experiences for students. Her unique perspective and hands-on approach make Maureen an invaluable resource for educators seeking innovative techniques and fresh insights.
From the Middle East to Latin America, Maureen’s experiences taught her about the kindness and humility in people, regardless of cultural stereotypes. With two daughters who had different learning needs, Maureen discovered the importance of personalization in education. Her devotion for inclusivity and the mental well-being of students led to the founding of her micro schools, where students are encouraged to find their passions and purpose through the concept of Ikigai.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Embrace the benefits of personalized learning through micro-schools for more individualized education experiences.
- Foster connections between education, belonging, and youth empowerment in your local communities for a brighter future.
- Delve into the concept of Ikigai to help students find harmony among their skills, passions, and purpose in school settings.
- Understand the significance of volunteering and supporting organizations, such as Safe Passage/Camino Seguro in Guatemala in changing lives.
And so much more!
Thanks again and welcome to Good Life Stories.
Resource mentioned: Agilities – https://agilities.org/
About Maureen O’Shaughnessy
Maureen O’Shaughnessy is on a mission to connect the dots between education, belonging, and youth empowerment. She is the founder of the human-centered micro-school, LEADPrep. This learner-focused middle / high school is a national model for micro-schools, helping students learn from a place of love and personal alignment. Dr. O’Shaughnessy is the author of Creating Micro-Schools for Colorful Mismatched Kids, host of the Education Evolution podcast/newsletter/livestream, and co-founder of the EdActive Collective. She has also shared innovation ideas on her TEDx talk: Changing My Mind to Change Schools.
Disrupting the outdated education system, Maureen offers a variety of coaching resources. From running a mastermind for leaders of small schools to consulting with educational innovators on developing accessible-for-all learning environments, she is a force to help all students thrive and be future-ready.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maureenoshaughnessy/
- Consulting/Podcast: www.educationevolution.org
- TEDx Talk: Changing My Mind to Change Our Schools | Dr. Maureen O’Shaughnessy | TEDxDerryLondonderryStudio
- Book: Creating Microschools for Colorful Mismatched Kids
- Collective and Summit: www.edactivecollective.org
- School: www.LEAD-Prep.org
- Maureen on Good Morning America
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/education-evolution-podcast/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EdEvolutionPodcast/
- IG: https://www.instagram.com/edevolutionpodcast/?hl=en
About Tracy Crowley
Tracy Crowley has always been an entrepreneur. Whether it was making gowns for fellow Army wives, taking portraits in black and white, or working on her other businesses, she is always learning something new.
That passion for learning something new and giving something back collide nicely in this podcast.
Join Tracy for Good Life Stories, where simple curiosity brings out great stories, every single time.
Check out Tracy’s new book! https://tracycrowley.life/
In this episode, I talk with Andréa Koehler about the power of coloring and its connection to mindfulness and self-discovery. Andréa Koehler is an expert in using coloring as a tool for relaxation and self-reflection. She shares her own journey with coloring and how...
In this episode, I chat with Andréa Koehler about her three good life stories: her blue hair story, her experience with divorce, and her journey with ADHD. Andréa shares her personal experiences and sheds light on the challenges and misconceptions associated with each...
Step into the enchanting world of dance, where movement speaks volumes and the body becomes a vessel of storytelling. Brace yourself for a journey of discovery that will challenge everything you thought you knew about performance and mindfulness. Are you ready to...